Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Something I have always hated about my car was the colour of the parcel shelf, a horrible beige colour. It just looked cheap and nasty through the back window and in the rear view mirror, so today I did something about it. A few cans of matt black car spray from poundland and the result, to me, looks a lot better. not bad for a fiver

I will be doing the A+B pillars next

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Fitted a cheap dash cam today and thought I would share the footage. It has lost a tiny bit of quality after being compressed and uploaded to photobucket

not bad for £25

·
Super Moderator
3,056 Posts
That's freeking good value . I brought one about a year ago for my van £35.00 + SD card , I thaught for that price if it goes wrong then not much has been lost . But it has survived sitting in my van 24/7 for a year and still works , a real must Thease days with the idiots around us , driving like Luna modules .

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
well after a year of ownership I finally have it booked in for a remap and DPF/Egr removal tomorrow. I've had enough of failed regens and oil changes

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Remap done, DPF gone and EGR switched off

very happy with the results. I was worried about it being too smokey but it seems pretty smoke free, apart from when you floor it at night you can see a puff of smoke in the headlights behind but that is as expected

I should hopefully have a few years of trouble free motoring now this has been done along with the cambelt and water pump being changed recently

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
My plans are finally starting to come together, new head unit fitted today. Very nice bit of kit

Google maps Sat Nav

Torque pro

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Its made by Eonon, https://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Android-Car-GPS/GA2114.html. I don't think its possible to get a better headunit for £150. it has built in wifi so I can tether it to my phone so I can run the satnav/live traffic updates, stream internet radio, make calls etc. its pretty much a 7" tablet/media centre fitted in my dash. it also sounds 10 times better than the standard saab stereo

Torque pro is an Andriod OBD2 reader/diagnostic tool. it connects to a Bluetooth reader.

The headunit was only £150 but the fitting kit cost a ridiculous £75 from dynamic sounds

·
Super Moderator
3,056 Posts
that looks like a £500.00p+++++ unit.thankyou for the tourque pro information . i kn ow ive heard people on here talking about it . but never relised what i dose .

·
Registered
27 Posts
So this is very interesting! I am looking at an Alpine ICS-X7 double din unit now, but the speakers/amplification in the car are a bit poor.

Did you retain this, or are you using this HU to power the speakers?
Also have you retain the steering controls and the indicator chimes?
What kit did you get from Dynmic sounds please? - Update - this one I expect https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/saab-93-2008-car-cd-stereo-fitting-kit-double-din-fascia-steering-control-aerial.html?search=saab 9-3

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
So this is very interesting! I am looking at an Alpine ICS-X7 double din unit now, but the speakers/amplification in the car are a bit poor.

Did you retain this, or are you using this HU to power the speakers?
Also have you retain the steering controls and the indicator chimes?
What kit did you get from Dynmic sounds please? - Update - this one I expect https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/saab-93-2008-car-cd-stereo-fitting-kit-double-din-fascia-steering-control-aerial.html?search=saab 9-3

Thanks for your time
Hi russ, yes i have retained all controls and chimes. I did have to buy a patch lead from ebay though but thaaat was only about a fiver. The only thing i have changed were the rear parcel shelf speakers, which i replaced with Vibe BlackAir 6x9s. I cant recommend this head unit highly enough, absolute bargain.

And yes thats the fitting kit i bought

41 - 60 of 89 Posts