Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I may as well start a project thread on my 2008 9-3 TTiD 180. I've not really done a lot with it yet, only had it a few months and have been enjoying it in its standard form. I don't have any major plans for it just a few cosmetic changes and maybe lower it a little at the front and spacers on all corners.

Pictures aren't the best quality, cheap Chinese camera phone, so I will include some dealer pics also

Mods done so far

Black Carbon badges
Smaller number plates
All LED smd interior bulbs
DTUK® CRD2+® Multimap Power System

Future plans

1. 20mm rear spacers 15mm front
2. Rear Hirsch style diffuser
3. Bigger exhaust tips
4. Maybe lowering springs
5. Hydro-dipping a few parts
6. Wheel refurb or maybe new 19" alloys
7. New sound system
8. Some kind of subtle boot spoiler
9. Carbon alloy centre caps

I have just ordered a DTUK® CRD2+® Multimap Power System so will be playing with that this weekend

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can only upload 4 pics at a time for some reason so here are some more

Smaller number plates (smallest legal size possible) and black carbon badges fitted

·
Registered
94 Posts
looks lovely in red, plans sound spot on to :), carbon badges make a massive difference, jut done mine as well, all the best with it.

how do you find the DTUK mapping system? noticeable change in power?

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
looks nice :thumbsup:

an egr delete or thorough clean of the system is well worth it......see my how to on this

not a fan of tuning boxes sorry ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks lovely in red, plans sound spot on to :), carbon badges make a massive difference, jut done mine as well, all the best with it.

how do you find the DTUK mapping system? noticeable change in power?
Only ordered it this evening, hoping for delivery on Thursday/Friday and install it over the weekend

looks nice :thumbsup:

an egr delete or thorough clean of the system is well worth it......see my how to on this

not a fan of tuning boxes sorry ;)
Does the egr need to be physically removed or/and deleted from the ecu ? I did flick through your guide and will be cleaning it sometime.

From what I have read tuning boxes have come on a long way in the last few years and they get good reviews on the Vectra forums. It does come with a 14 day money back guarantee though so can try it for a few days. I was looking into a proper remap and DPF delete but everywhere that I found seems to be a 3 hour drive each way

·
Registered
224 Posts
Only ordered it this evening, hoping for delivery on Thursday/Friday and install it over the weekend

Does the egr need to be physically removed or/and deleted from the ecu ? I did flick through your guide and will be cleaning it sometime.

From what I have read tuning boxes have come on a long way in the last few years and they get good reviews on the Vectra forums. It does come with a 14 day money back guarantee though so can try it for a few days. I was looking into a proper remap and DPF delete but everywhere that I found seems to be a 3 hour drive each way
I would never tell you what to do mate, it is your car after all. But I really wouldnt bother touching a tuning box with a barge poll. Am sure there is a few that do a good job. But really its easily worth a 3 hour drive to take it to a proper tuner who will rolling road the car and alter everything real time.

Generic maps on certain cars are a big no no. Ive read a few people even using a superchips blue fin which is kinda like a glorified tuning box on there TTiD and the results have not left them best pleased.

If your going to do it mate, do it right. Fill it with diesel, pick out some albums and go for a drive to a tuner. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
off topic a bit.............what china phone do you have as been looking at several
Its a kingsing s2 off eBay, basicly an LG G2/G3 rip off. Honestly can't fault it for £70. The days of spending 300+ on a phone that I will drop and smash within 6 months are over.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Registered
375 Posts
1 - 20 of 89 Posts