Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently driving a 1991 non turbo 2.3 16v, and have recently test driven a 1997 2.0 Ecopower with full service history.The turbo unit has recently been replaced by a used one from a 2.3 LPT and the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT indicates that there is a problem with the lambda sensor.
It seemed to me that performance was not as good as my own car and I could not feel any turbo boost at all.
Would anyone care to comment?
Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi,
I'm the owner of a '93 9000CD, it's (or was) a LPT B202 engine model which was supplied without intercooler but with a turbo. I checked the manuals and various web-sites and found that the recommended replacement time for the lambda sensor was at around 60-80,000 miles, depending on who you believe. The one thing on which everyone agrees, however, is that the sensore DOES need replacement after a certain time. I replaced mine with a generic, rather than an OEM part. Performance in LPT mode was definitely improved, fuel consumption was likewise affected beneficially. I also installed a new air-flow meter, a new air filter and a new fuel filter at the same time so what effect was due to what is hard to say.
I have since replaced the DI-APC ECU with a full turbo version and have fitted an intercooler. It's certainly the way to go!! There is definitely a lot more of the mystical
to enjoy!! And the lambda sensor is coping well.
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.