Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI
NEED SOME ADVICE,FEW DAYS AGO MY 9K 1994 CSE T B234 GAVE ME CHECK ENGINE WHILE DRIVING.
THE NEXT THING WAS LOOSING BOOST POWER.
THE CH EN WAS BLINKING 6 TIME AGAIN AND AGAIN WHILE THE KEY WAS ON BUT THE CAR WAS NOT RUNNING,ONCE THE CAR WAS STARTED THE CHECK ENGINE IS GONE.
THIS SIGHNS R AS FAR AS I KNOW LAMBDA SENSOR FAULT.
TODAY I DROVE THE CAR AND IT SEEMS BOOSTING JUST PERFECT,I CAME HOME DISCONECTED THE POSITIVE BATTERY SIDE FOR FEW SECONDS AND FIT IT AGAIN AND NOW NO MORE CHECK ENGINE!
SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?
THANKS AND SORRY FOR SPELLING MISTAKES IM NON ENGLISH COUTRY RESEDENT
NUGZAR

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hi NUGZAR, and welcome to Saabscene. I'm doing this post @ 5.20 pm in UK so let us know when you receive it. AFAIK the best option would be to disconnect the battery for 15+ minutes. This will I think reset everything. If no further problems all is OK. There'll be others with greater knowledge along soon to advise.

Keith.

By the way, after the above has been done.
The Lambada can soot, happened to me once. This causes the engine to gradually reduce fuel to the point where it will cut out. I was told by a Saab Dealer that if you drive sedately all the time this sooting will happen. He said you should give them a good blast through the gears now and then to burn off the soot. So, when you have re connected the battery take it along the motorway and give it a good blast. HTH.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI
THANKS 4 THE REPLY.
THIS MORNING I DISCONECTED THE BATTERY AND THE CHECK ENGINE WENT OFF LIKE NEVER BEEN,ALSO MUST MENTION THAT THE LOST OF BOOST WAS FOR FEW DAYS AND NOW THE ENGINE IS GIVING ME GOOD POWER AND REACTION TO DRIVERS REQUEST.
I RED SOME WEB INFO ABOUT THE SENSOR AND I ATTEND TO FIRST BUY NEW ONE ,COST HERE ABOUT 180 USD,AND THEN DISCONECT THE ONE AT THE SAAB NOW AND CLEAN IT OVER NIGHT USING GLASS OF CARBORETOR CLEANER LIQUID.
FROM YOUR REPLY I UNDERSTOOD THAT SOOT MEANS THAT THE SENSOR COVERS WITH DIRT AND TIME TO TIME BOOST THE CAR WELL ENOUGH SO THE DIRT BURN DOWN.
I GOT THE REPLY ON 1726
REGARDS FROM ISRAEL
NUGZAR

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi,
As far as I am aware, the Lambda sensor cannot be cleaned, it is good for about 60 to 70 thousand miles and then it's got to be replaced. When you read the instructions on how to replace the sensor you start to understand how sensitive it is, even the grease from your finger-tips can destroy it! Any heavy impact can also render the probe useless.
I recommend that you search on the web for a three-wire Lambda replacement (two white wires, one black if your sensor is like mine) The white wires are for the sensor heater,they can be connected anyhow. Make dure that the sensor has the correct penetration into the exhaust pipe. Search the web, the sensors are MUCH cheaper than you are quoting!
Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI STEPHEN
i red your mail twice,the sensor will be replaced and now i know its should be done carefuly.
im not sure about how the sensor that attached at the moment to my car looks like,what ido know is the saab and the origen bosch numbers.
bosch is;0258003439
saabs no from epc is 91456945 OR 4301305
ID LIKE TO CONFERM IF ANYONE DO KNOW R THIS 2 NUMBERS FIT SAAB 9K 1994 B234 TURBO?
thanks
nugzar

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi Nugzar,
I bought my Lambda probe from Eurocarparts and they ensured that I got the right one for my car, it works perfectly. E-mail them at www.eurocarparts.com, tell them your car details, including the VIN and you'll get the right part. I didn't but the OEM Bosch, I bought a generic Lambda probe for 29.75 pound.
Not too pricey at all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.