Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can I have your attention please, as I am proud to announce Swapped's membership of the Stage Three Drivers (loose) association.

Hmm S.T.D. - I'll have to think some more about that one...

Anyway - WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

Carl

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In case anyone thinks Faeros downgrading is mere coincidence, it's HIS ECU that has turned my car into a turbonutterbarsteward, and conversely, my standard Aero ECU that has slowed his down. (REF: 9000 Classifieds, Saabscene.com, circa 31/3/05)

But don't feel too sorry for him, as I happen to know there are plans afoot in Faero-land.

Carl

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
hey - I am on 37k miles on my Goodyear NCT5s, around 20k of which was stage 3. They are almost dead now, but still a few k left.
Gearbox is in fine fettle at 122k (much better now thanks to the engine mounts)
Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough?
Stage 4 should sort them out!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I've got traction control looking after my tyres and drivetrain - on 'dry' setting last night (5% slip?) all I got was a very satisfying chirp from the front tyres on a warm dry road as I used 2nd to pass a car at 45mph. If I turn the traction off, it's a rather different matter!

I'm not complacent - my stored spares package currently consists: DI pack, downpipe (with cat), newly rebuilt td04T, manual gearbox, set of super aeros with tyres, set of brake disks...

Carl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts