Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topic says it all.. My dark purple (almost black) 9000 has some minor scratches in the lacquer which are showing up as white lines after its been polished.

What is the easiest way to get rid of them?

Steve

·
Registered
662 Posts
Not really sure but sounds like polish has dried in the scratches, most polishes will show up as white when dry. You could try one of the 'tinted' polishes from I think Turtle Wax , in the colour range of your car. You could try Private message to 'Saabman'even here does not pick up here. He seems to know about this sort of thing .

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Ah ha just my kind of problem! To start with it depends how deep the scratches are but if wax dries into the scratches they sound to be quite deep,First of all you could try a T-cut type polish forget the myth about not being able to use this product on metalics as modern paint's can take it,and put some good effort into it but don't go mental,If the scratches are still apparent you can lightly flat the scratches with 2000's grade wet and dry using soapy water and then polish with T-cut to remove the flatting scratches.If you can get your hands on a buffer this will make the job easy but good old effort will do_Or if only a few small scratches you could ask any bodyshop to buff them out for you they shouldn't charge more than a few pounds for this.Any further questions just send a private message and try and help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.