Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know, ive just uprated my 2.0 lpt with a Speedparts stage 1. The ECU to me seems fine as it is delivering the power as the graph shows. Although, when hitting 100 (
), the car seems to really run out of steam.
Now, I had a problem with my wastegate where it was literally hanging off and this has now been fixed, but I'm wondering because of the extra boost, is the wastegate leaking (so to speak)?.
Also when collaborating the ECU, my TIM boost gauge was only registering approximately 0.8bar, which I believe to be incorrect.

Would purchasing a new wastegate ie, Forge etc solve the problem? I will be uprating it in any case but I am assuming that it is the culprit

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
You need to check your base boost is correct. Speedparts will be able to confirm the right value.

If by hanging off, you mean that the rod had fallen off the wastegate, this is not uncommon and shouldn't have resulted in any damage.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
How is base boost controlled on LPT i.e. am i right in thinking no APC? or if so is it functioning? I had similar symptoms on my FPT running out of steam at about 100ish - felt reasonable at the bottom end but wasn't until I fitted a boost gauge that noticed only running on base boost so replaced the APC which had gone when the difference became immdeiately obvious.

Mike

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Mark is correct

However the 9000 LPTs had a mixed combination of either no intercooler and APC, or intercooler but no APC depending on MY.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car is a MY 96 with an intercooler. I bought the kit and an APC solenoid was supplied. If this helps?!

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
It doesn't make much odds, Scotty; whichever configuration you started with, you will end up with an IC and APC solenoid as part of the upgrade. The base boost values are slightly different (IC only is higher) but as I said, you should check the correct value with Speedparts.

I was just adding an info point that not all LPTs are the same configuration.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not pulling at 100 mph doesn't sound right, mine is still pulling at 130+ mph, and peak boost is just over 1.1 bar dropping down to 0.9 running on a base boost of .40 (a little low at the moment)

This should give you some indication of what you should be getting.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts