Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be shooting video of the installation as soon as I can figure out the seat gear situation. For now, here's a quick opening and review of their product as well as a quick comparison to the original bottom Contour cover I removed and re-stitched from the driver seat. I see every aspect of the OEM covers captured in their product. For $350 a pair in real leather, I really have no complaints yet. I'm super pleased with the stitching and the material selection.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So nice! The pattern and color is great.The only complaint I have is those S hooks are devils. The video won't capture the extent of finger pain and frustration when it comes out. It takes some heating and pulling to get the wrinkles down as with all leather. I still have to hog ring the bottom flaps which will tighten it up a little.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The top two S-hooks are nearly impossible to re-connect so they had to be left off. They are difficult just to remove from the seat back with the cover off. They aren't hooked into a wire they hook into a set of holes in the seat basket that are just big enough for the hook to fit in. I have no idea how the factory made that happen since you can't roll the cover down with the hoop wire in it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great guide here. My uncle got this 1994 Saab 9000 that we'll work on after we finished installing the suspension from 4Wheel online onto the truck this week. It needs a new driver seat and backseat.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The back seat for the 9000 CD is still not available. I am going to be removing my top and back covers soon and shipping to them to make a pattern. My CDE has the full rear bench with the fold-down armrest and pass-through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts