Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My keyless remote has been flakey lately, not working sporadically and sometimes exhibiting poor range, and now it doesn't work at all. I tried replacing the batteries, flashing it multiple times at the car, and checking the service manual--all to no avail.

The service manual has almost no maintenance procedures listed without the aid of the ISAT, which of course I don't have, and since there is no dealer within 70 miles I have no local resources.

Can anyone help? What would cause the remote to begin weakening over time, then fail completely?
On a '95 Aero, where is the controller located? The manual does not reveal where its hidden.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i had a problem once when i parked close to a telephone exchange building. my remote refused to work even though it was flashing. i had to find the sensor, which on my car 9000cse is near the rear view mirror. i hope this helps

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
A couple of us have had problems after replacing the batteries in the remote. The symptoms you describe are similar.

The remote gets weaker as the battery dies. But over time the contacts etc in the remote get corroded and or the small circuit board can get displaced from its locating lugs. We both got the remote working again by cleanng the contacts and making sure that all the internals were in exactly the right place. Not always easy as they move when you put it all together

·
Registered
42 Posts
New variation on problem - my newly purchased '94 turbo CSE didn't have the remote (Previous owner lost it or something - helped to bring price down ). Can I source any remote or has it got to be (Deep intake of breath) SAAB sourced?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Originally posted by Gizmo Bear:
[qb]New variation on problem - my newly purchased '94 turbo CSE didn't have the remote (Previous owner lost it or something - helped to bring price down     ). Can I source any remote or has it got to be (Deep intake of breath) SAAB sourced? [/qb][/b]
http://www.alarmremotes.co.uk/ got me one for my previous 9000 (a '94 turbo CSE )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts