Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I have an 04 Saab 95 Arc. A few weeks ago, both fobs randomly stopped working. I checked the batteries with a multmeter and they're showing 3V+. Central locking works fine. Based on previous threads, I pulled out the lock cylinder, cleaned, and lubed it with silicone spray. It is working fine, though it used to stick. When it did stick, the open door bell would chime, alerting me to jiggle it until it popped up. It hasn't had this issue since, but either way it doesn't seem to be a cause. Fuse #5 is intact. I can drive the car without issue, my key fobs are just useless and I have to unlock the car manually.

Putting the key into the lock cylinder and pressing the trunk button at any stage doesn't seem to report on key information for the car... I'm not sure how that works but I've seen people mention it.

I have not yet tried disconnecting the battery. I may try that tomorrow.

Is there a module that controls the key fobs that could have failed? Other ideas?

Researching, I went through the below threads and YouTube videos and tried every thing mentioned, but no go. Please help! Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts