Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get caught out with the batteries running outin your key fob without warning as it happened to me yesterday. I have a 9000 Aero and I locked the car with the remote and I was unable to to unlock it with the remoteas the batteries were dead. I phoned Saab at Turners hill who said that the car would not start without the fob working. Only 40 miles from home and the spare fob!. So a 10 minute walk to the nearest Ford garageand minus £8.95 for two batteries the car started.Glad it wasnt midnightso learn from my misfortuneand carry a spare set of batteries in the car.Just ordered a spare setfrom Saab£6.54.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Happened to me also, but fortunately it was the middle of the day in my own driveway. I fitted new batteries all around including the spare set.

New batteries from a battery speciality business cost one third of the Saab price.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I really like the way my old-timer '92 9000 works!
You can't lock without the key. With said key, the drivers side lock will activate all locks on the car including the rear doors and trunk (er..boot?)while at the same time activating the alarm. And there are no batteries to fool with and you can never lock your keys in the car because you cant lock it otherwise. Crafty little Trolls aren't they!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by donut:
[qb]Rob123. What's the SID that displays when your key battery is low.Donut. [/qb][/b]
It is the Saab Information Display unit that sits above the radio , air con etc , centre console. Gives a display of warnings, setings and information.We will have to ask Leon or Saabman to post a pic of it .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts