Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Key Fob - It finally happened...

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  warptechno 
#1 ·
So I have been living dangerously over the past year and a half with only one key fob for my car, I was only given one when I bought it and it hasn't been working so well (have to stand close to the door for the fob to open it). It finally fell to bits on Sunday - one of the buttons had came loose inside and when I opened it up to investigate the fragile pin that sits on the battery snapped and that was that.

Bought a replacement from SAAB indy next day (Schoneville in Glasgow)for £99 and what a difference it has made to the distance range for opening the doors with the fob. I can actually lock the doors from across the car park now and the replacement fob now has the panic alarm button included which my original didn't have - result. I also got a nifty free SAAB first aid kit included!

For anyone who is interested - the actual receiver for the key fob is built into the stalk on the steering wheel (I investigated this when my gubbed fob wasn't working too well).

All is well again....:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.