Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know VW racers and modifiers rave about the K-star but has anyone ever tried it with any success on a 99 or 900 8v turbo?

Info here: K-Star

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I've only seen what you've seen on that website. Plus the odd comment that the K-Star dealers run away when you say 'SAAB' to them
. I don't know what the cost/ time/ performance difference would be of having K-Star fitted in relation to ripping out the system and putting in a second hand LH system.

·
Registered
661 Posts
As a former Golf owner i know that the K-star was very succesfull not only to those that wanted to supplement adiitional fuelling but the primary reason it was developed was for the owners of KE Jectronic KR engined 16v Golfs,
These cars were fixed mapped in terms of timing and pinked on regular 95ron fuel.
As you mention most of the tuners who fit the system run a mile when you mention Saab but i see no reason why as the system is identical to the K-Jectronic system on the 8 valve Golf Mk1 and pre -88 Mk2.
I know for a fact that JohnW spoke to someone regarding fitment to his 8v turbo and even though the timing side of things was identical right down to part no.s on some components they wanted around £200 more than the equivalent system fitted to a Golf!!
Maybe it needs someone to approach Milford top develop a system for the Saab turbo specifcally or to find an installer who's not affraid to try new installations without charging through the nose for it.

Pete.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I looked into the K-Star and contacted Milford direct, at first they didn't think it would fit a Saab. But I followed it up and went to one of their installers in Norfolk, he carried out some checks and confirmed that the K-Star would fit, but as Pete said he went well over the top with his pricing and I had other things I wanted to do to the car, before I had it mapped. It's still in my plans once I have completed all the other mods!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts