Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just received mine from elkparts, new red bushes and 10mm spanner in hand, applied some 3 in 1, bolts got a better hold than I expected , we were warned !! will pick up some plus-gas at work tonight and try that...

Haggag01

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have just done mine. Got them from Elkparts who delivered them quickly and are easy to deal with.
I got inserts for the butterfly bushes direct from Superflex and they were also very good service.

Ant

·
Registered
145 Posts
hi Ant, thanks for that.I just found an older thread which had a link to powerflex site.
any comments if one lots better than the other or are they all much the same?. the prices on powerflex look reasonable too or can anyone tell me different?
cheers, Davy.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Not sure about superflex.
The ones I got were a doddle to fit but have not made a vast difference as the rubber ones were replaced about 6 months ago and were in good nick.

If you decide to change other bushes in future, it is worth seeking a bit of help on here. I really struggled pressing in the superflex butterfly bushes until I found the right technique and then it was easy.

Cheers
Ant

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mine broke too,the rear antiroll bar clamp bolts that is. Incredibly hard to drill out too.
The question is: are the front roll bar bolts the same problem? because if they are I can see that one may be in the doo-doo's if they broke.

Harvey

·
Registered
765 Posts
Well, the plus-gas did its job, bolts got a good soaking whilst I slept (nightshift), hit the garage at 5pm by 6pm job complete just need to see how she handles on the way to work now
. Applied some copper grease when putting the bolts back in might help in future if they have to come out again.

Haggag01, what next ???

·
Registered
765 Posts
What a great first mod, sorry second did g/box mount last year, car almost found itself up the kerbs a couple with me giving it to much oversteer

p.s. I see elkparts have just started doing powerflex.

Haggag01

1 - 14 of 14 Posts