Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Just new smell

Tags
smell
2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  serjeant 
#1 ·
Anyone recommend any products to use to remove odours and clean the inside of the car I have just bought.
Really distinctive smell - don't know if its the previous owners dogs or the leather just needs a good clean.
A full fettle is in order - so any good product recommendations.
Cheers
Mick

#6 ·
Did the same some time ago. Here's the link and a section of the text that may be of help.

http://www.saabscene.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimat...c/2/3781/2.html

My daughter (JuniorSaabEnthusiast -JSE) and I spent all Sunday morning giving thr interior a good clean. What initially was thought to be a bit grubby, was upon a first wipe found to be a lot grubby.

Cleaning product scale of achievelment (out of 5 stars)

The dash was cleaned with soapy water **
and polished with Turtlewax Interior, bummper and wheel polish called 'Extreme' *****
Result: All switches and surfaces do not now feel sticky!
Half a bucket of water looked light brown when finished.

Doors were also cleaned and polished using the same.
Result: All surfaces now do not feel sticky!
Half a bucket of water looked light fawn when finished.

Leather seats were initially wiped over with a damp, soapy cloth then cleaned with
Gliptone leather cleaner ****
These were cleaned using an absorbentcloth (those orange synthetic chamois you see at car show) ***
A feed of Gliptone conditioner with leather essence was applied *****+.
Result: Seats now look a completely different olour, and smell of leather!
Half a bucket of water looked black/brown when finished.
There are a few black scuff marks on the back of the drivers seat which refuse to disappear, so any advice on this would be most welcome.
Roof lining was wiped over with a damp soapy cloth then dried using the synthetic cloth. Done twice'
Half a bucket of water looked fawn when finished

JSE vacuumed out the entire car including the spare wheel area, and although the carpets could do with a clean, the weather got the better of us.

Outside the car was simply washed and the alloys were cleaned with Turtlewax wheelcleaner 'extreme' ****

#8 ·
Hi Ma11y

Thanks.

The problem is that it's a black mark on cream leather. I've tried cleaners but with no luck, Did notice on that program 'How clean is your house'(?) she suggested hairspray for removing marks on leather - I'll have to try that.

I'll let you know if it goes.

#10 ·
Hi Naranto,

Getting a black scuff out of a cream leather is certainly going to be difficult. See how you get on with the Harmony product range. If, after attempting to remove the scuff you still have a dirty mark then I think that Scuffmaster should resolve the problem though it will cost you a lot more than the use of some of your better halfs hair care items.

I have no experience myself though looking at the evidence, you mix up the scuffmaster with supplied tonors to get the nearest possible match to the colour you're trying to achieve & then "paint" it on the scuffs. With black suffs on cream, you may need a few coats though the pictures on the site in my previous post on this thread do look to be pretty good though we all know that this will have been done by professionals.

It's an option that's always there if you need it. Do let us know how you get on with the hairspray please.

Cheers,
Mally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.