Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently, with a heavy heart, let go of my 95 9000CD 2.0 auto, only 116k on the clock. I had kept it serviced with the main dealer strictly. I had been searching for quite a while for 97 or 98 anniversary but no joy over here in the west of Ireland.

Eventually I bit the bullet and traded up to a 99 9-5 2.0SE and must say I am delighted, different car though.

Any how went back to the dealer to get a couple of niggles on the new pup sorted and my 9000 was still there, I was tempted to make an offer but with a new house and no where to keep it (let alone insure over here in the land of the rip-off) I asked was there much interest.

The local saab mech who I have built up a good relationship with ove the two years of the 9k said that after I had left it in from the trade with the 9-5 two guys had test driven it, the second came back again for another drive and loved it, maybe too much....

During the second test drive, this guy blew the turbo, white and blue smoke pouring out the exhaust when he came back to the dealer. I think his face was whiter than the smoke!! I had only only morning blue puff about 2 months previously and the dealer thought it might be the crank case oil seal?

Any way, it just oges to show that you can be lucky sometimes, not that I didn't spend moned on it - new tyres, discs, battery, DI and full service in the month before I finally changed it!

That is my tale

·
Registered
623 Posts

Any how went back to the dealer to get a couple of niggles on the new pup sorted and my 9000 was still there, I was tempted to make an offer but with a new house and no where to keep it (let alone insure over here in the land of the rip-off) I asked was there much interest.[/b]
How romantic! It's like two lovers who split then come back together.
Why did you sold it then wanted to buy it back ?

Any how went back to the dealer to get a couple of niggles on the new pup sorted and my 9000 was still there, I was tempted to make an offer but with a new house and no where to keep it (let alone insure over here in the land of the rip-off) I asked was there much interest.

During the second test drive, this guy blew the turbo, white and blue smoke pouring out the exhaust when he came back to the dealer. I think his face was whiter than the smoke!! I had only only morning blue puff about 2 months previously and the dealer thought it might be the crank case oil seal?[/b]
The car obviously was missing its owner. It's possible that in your hands that turbo would have lasted forever...

I'm feeling so romantic today

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stefano,
That must be the Italian in you!

I was changing it because I felt that while it had trade in value now and I do about 650 miles per week that soon it would be worth nothing.

Also I am wary of the auto box, the car has 116k on it and I am willing to spend any thing to keep one of these beauties going but if the auto box gave out and it was going to cost €3,000, then it would be a false economy.

They must have repaired the turbo as the car is now on the dealers lot and they want €6,000 for it. Not cheap but has been very well looked after.

It was a shame to see it last week when I was at the dealer they were working on it and the smoke belching out the rear but now that is fixed I wish the next owner all the best.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts