Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 e36 328ci.
100k miles fsh, Gen BBS RC041 Split Rims, M sport suspension. M3 front bumper sills, and rear diffuser. Creme leather interior. It's nice, the paint is flawless.

Just had a bare metal respray. couple of minor bits to do to it then its up for sale.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
the only thing i would find annoying about it is the fact its a 2 door (i justify mine to myself by the fact it is a convertible) not my kind of thing but other than that looks nice

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm not sure about everyone else but that car is so uninspiring, I'm sure you'll turn a profit and everyone will be happy. Including your mrs who might start putting out again... :D

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
nice one mate.............im just contenplating something at the moment which i was going to run by you

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
just read over everyones posts...........what doom and gloom you all are:rolleyes: nd given its 16yrs old it still as class even at todays standards and nice to see a good example which will no doubt sell as believe it or not there still a strong market for them at the right price

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just read over everyones posts...........what doom and gloom you all are:rolleyes: nd given its 16yrs old it still as class even at todays standards and nice to see a good example which will no doubt sell as believe it or not there still a strong market for them at the right price
Some people don't really get it Kez. Bought it for peanuts and will sell for a nice profit after spending a little cash getting it 100%. Its condition is rare, its not drug dealer spec nor driven into the ground in fact it drives like new. I have bought and sold lots of BM's from m3's down and this is one of the nicest. Suspect it has the throttle body mod which improves performance but cannot be sure without taking it to bits. I Normally go for e42 models but could not pass up on this.

It is quick even by today's standards with 196bhp and 280nm of torque translates into 6.7 0-60 and cracks onto 149mph, it has M-Sport z- axle (m3)suspension so handles like it is on rails and much better than most modern cars. Proper 90's icon for those that can drive a rwd car properly ;) at that age the only wear is to the driver seat bolster which is being done next week. It is probably one of the best e36's out there.

Not that i plan to keep it its going up for sale shortly.

Oh and you are right about a strong market - for the right cars, this is one of them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm astounded - you have car valleter! As in a guy that comes round and cleans your car?

How middle class of you!

I always find one of the pleasure of owning a car is getting ones hands dirty with a sponge and some fairy liquid!

Looks nice btw - shame about the BMW badge and the purple paint!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
You are now officially a ******...

Kidding buddy
I had a beemer before the saab so i know what it feels like, just be prepared for all the abuse on the road :p

Looks like a great example :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yep, I was previously a Beemer owner too before the SAAB. I really did love that car while I had it. It gave me 5 years of pleasurable motoring. Mine was an E46 320d. Great performer both in mpg and power. Not a patch on my 93 TTID mind. But at times I do miss it. I enjoyed the rear wheel drive slides you could do from time to time :) .

The car you bought looks good mate!

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
i think he has enough work cleaning and detailing his own 2 cars every week, so a tart up of a car being sold will cover the £50 or so it costs in the resale value, very business minded imo along with keeping a local valeter in business

id kick is ass though if it was his own car it was being done to lol;)

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
looks nice mate shouldnt have any issues selling on.............any idea of the price tag yet ?

you never know one of this grumpy lot may be interested lol:D

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thinking 3k. a lot for an e36 but it really is exceptional. Prices really vary but for this spec and quality it should make that or close to it.have a pr of genuine m3 mirrors to go on it which look great and should really set it off.

·
Registered
313 Posts
thats what i miss the most :(
If only SAAB had done the 93 TTID with XWD, that would have been an excellent setup and I'm sure it would have been capable of some good fun similar to the Beemer :) . The Turbo X looks a hoot to drive and as much as I would love one the running costs would bankrupt me in the end.

The downside I found with the Beemer was handling in snow was awful. I barely made it back home from work when that snow hit a few years ago and the car sat for about a week because I couldn't get it moving again once parked up.

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If only SAAB had done the 93 TTID with XWD, that would have been an excellent set up and I'm sure it would have been capable of some good fun similar to the Beemer :) . The Turbo X looks a hoot to drive and as much as I would love one the running costs would bankrupt me in the end.

The downside I found with the Beemer was handling in snow was awful. I barely made it back home from work when that snow hit a few years ago and the car sat for about a week because I couldn't get it moving again once parked up.
RWD and snow are exceptionally good fun - RWD can be tamed with the addition of 2x 25kg sacks of sharp sand put in the boot. this keeps weight over the driven wheels and if all else fails you can spread it under the wheels when you get stuck.

Problem with a lot of rwd cars is the width of the tyres being just too wide for snow. same goes for a lot of modern cars even 4wd.

range rover is an excellent off road vehicle but not with 20" wide summer performance tyres.
When i learned it was mostly rwd cars on the roads you either learned how to drive in the snow or stayed home. My dad, who was an excellent driver taught me how to drive in all conditions. My first 6 cars (Mk3 Cortina GT, 3 x Opel Manta A series an MK2 RS 2000 Custom and a Opel Manta GTE) where rwd and like riding a bike it sticks with you.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts