Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm now the proud owner of rhino2.3t's Saab 2.3 turbo .
It was certainly worth the gruelling 400 mile trip (1 way) yes thats right 400 miles!!!!
But thanks to rhino
, he really is a nice very hospitable guy.
But if I could get some help with heater/a/c, when the heat is on there's a whine somewhere in the engine (I think), I just wondered if anyone (inc you rhino?) had any idea what I may be?.
I mean could it something just need a squirt of WD?.
But apart from that, yep it's a bloody good well kept car

And also he like's the north of Scotland like my self, Someone with taste

·
Registered
335 Posts
och stop boasting, i'm driving a Fiat Brava 1.4S (sport? - no) from here on in.. *note to self - buy another saab*

the chances of the rattling rusting Fiat making it up to the Orkneys to visit friends are minimal i think, more chance of getting there on foot

guess i'll have to change my name to RhinoItaiShetbox or something......

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
WoW rhino a sudden change of heart
..i'll stick with my sensible, understated, grown-up saab  [/b]
deal. if i'm ever back on home turf, broken down, and short of a lift i'll post straight away  
a friendly merc driver beats walking every time - i can marvel at the rattle-free dash    [/b]
I guess I'll be getting that call sooner than you thought

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey rhino......I dont suppose Iv'e not got an excuse to go "up north" now, have I!!.

Well I do hope you get another Saab, what will you go for d'ya think, a 95 Aero, a Carly ect, I just wonder what you'll get!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by mpen:
[QB] WoW rhino a sudden change of heart
hmmm
well impending mortgage upgrade and no parking has forced the sale of my saab.. but having driven it i think the (lovingly called by mrs.rhino not me) 'fiat sh*tbox' is on borrowed time. theres just no excuse for it - 200hp down to 60hp is not a change im best pleased with.. however sensible tis jus rubbish.

as far as a replacement goes yay:) it'll have to be another saab (100% GM free - i dont like these 'scientists' fiddling with years of saab genetics
)..
not said to upset anyone, just my personal opinion - on driving and borrowing the new saabs.. theres just something missing for me.
so after three 9k's.. maybe a c900?
no cabbies - itll only get vandalised, and i prefer the understated fpt to the kitted carly..
answers/suggestions on a postcard.....

oh and Axl.. take it on a trip the the isles for sure - and take some nice moody photos

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and Axl.. take it on a trip the the isles for sure - and take some nice moody photos [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yep, sure will and the moodier the better , I dont know when I'll get there, but I'll ty for this summer.

I love it in Skye and the west coast, never been up the other side, Iv'e thought about it but thats as far as it went!

Hey, it's just think of that money you'll save on fuel going about in the 60hp Fiat.
You can soon go out and get a stonker of a Saab
, is there no garages (to keep the Saab in) near where you are going.

Could you not even rent one!

·
Registered
335 Posts
well if only it were true.. but the fiat is lucky to manage 28mpg (yes - 28mpg from a 1400cc)
apparently after a bit of research its par for the course with that model. joy.

the garage renting thing is a good idea, hadnt thought of that plan, but i would imagine it would cost a small fortune.. as it stands at the mo. we'll have on street parking enhanced by seasonal 'double yellows' (great when theres tourists a-plenty)
hmm well thats really cheered me up no end!
spose i could get a fullsize cardboard cutout carly made to 'park' outside..

·
Registered
507 Posts
The whine could be the A/C pump. Mine makes a very high pitched whine at times. A Saab mechaninc told me it's nothing to worry at present but could be a dry bearing in the pump. There's also a wee clutch in there which could maybe cause a noise if it was slipping / dragging?

Just a thought.

PS Agree about the North/ West of Scotland. I'm taking the Anniversarry to Lochinver this summer hols.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.