Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was too good a bargain to pass up on. Black, black alloys, manual full M-Sport Spec, its mint except the front wings which are being replaced next week.

Never owned one before although plan to sell it once the ft. wings are done. Don't get me wrong i like it but need a 4 door saloon as our other car is a two seater.

I do love the sound of that straight 6 though!

Deano, you after a BM? this could be for you mate! ;) If you can handle it that is ;) ;)

This is not an advert, may keep it a week or so to 'evaluate'

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Do the headlight washers work & not leak? Do the heated seats heat back & base or just base? Tape, CD or satnav? Still got fog surrounds?

Looks tidy what's up with the wings?

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CD, uprated HK audio, washers work, 3 keys, seats back and base heat all OK. All electrics good. Has genuine M3 (working) mirors which arn't necessarily to my taste but not going to keep it anyway. No knocks or bacngs, Manual box, FBMWSH 113k drop links and wishbones just done.

front wings are scabby and rather than paint them replacing them is cheap enough and i would rather do it properly, time and effort removing the rust and prepping the old wings is better put into just unbolting the old and replacing.

It's up at a mates house in Nottingham currenty, going to the bodyshop locally then down to me. I haven't actually seen it yet! Yes, sounds daft but the 'mate' is someone i do a lot of car related business with so trust his judgement like i do my own. His speciality is Porkers and BM's.

Black is quite rare for this model (apparently) the only other realy good colour is Topaz Blue!

Lip spoiler - Is yours an M-Sport? i think the main visual differences are the bigger spoiler and the 18" split rims there seems to be all sorts of variuants, i bought this as it was cheap and M-Sport

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Factory fit m-sport pack with bumpers, wheels, door plates & probably other bits to all I know is on the straight beemer will piss over my saab but saab handles better & can corner quicker
You'll have to let me know what the wing is setting you back as I need one really

Already changed 1 headlight washer but other needs doing
Fixed heated seats both had cables broke to the back
Changed heater control as was permanently hot air out of vents
Fitted fog surrounds & service history said been replaced twice before
Got but need to fit selector pin bushes
Yesterday lambda sensor went

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why what you going to call him GR8 gramps lol:p

yes it does look nice I must admit
Oi, Less of your lip you geriatric!

and to answer the question - in my 40's and you should never ask a lady that ;)

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We are the same person just different personalities...oh and this 'gramps' will kick your arse if you get outta line ;)

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
the reason i ask is because the bmw coupe is quite a young guys car :D

You wouldnt kick my arse, im the life and soul of this place, up a irish!! Wooop!! :p
we are young.............you not heard the saying life begins at :p

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not planning on keeping it, it's in the bodyshop on Monday having the wings done and a small scratch, plan to advertise it during the week, it's purely a exercise in flipping cars but an interesting car nevertheless.

Re old or young mens cars - you ought to read my sig it puts that into perspective. I have driven everything from a Mini to an Enzo and pretty much everything worth driving in between.The last 3 series BM i drove was at Millbrook ans was the actual (restored) BMW 323i driven by Frank Sytner, which won the 1989 World Touring Car Championship, along with a 60's F1 car (cannot remember who's it was) :) age means nothing other than experience, that and cheap as chips car insurance!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts