Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all these 'HOT' 9000's, 900's 93's etc running around, how about letting the Stig from Top Gear give them a run, lets see how far up that tree we can get, let's put SAABScene on the map for SAAB's. If mine had more than, lets say 300bhp I would be in the que.
What do you say guys ???

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, Yes I know about this, but that was not my question. Has anybody got in touch with TG to cover the event? It would be good to get this sort of thing covered.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey now that sounds like a great idea

Has anyone got the balls and the car to let the stig blast round the track while playing ABBA's Waterloo !!!!!
Cheers Jim.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by jim67:
[qb]Hey now that sounds like a great idea  

Has anyone got the balls and the car to let the stig blast round the track while playing ABBA's Waterloo !!!!!    
Cheers Jim. [/qb][/b]
Now that is something I would like to see!

M.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I suspect that there are any number of letters from disgruntled groups of car owners to TG inviting Stig to take one of their best performing cars round the track. Apart from this, IIRC TG generally only features current production spec models or available re-works (such as Brabus, Alpina etc.).

So, a nice idea certainly, but unlikely to succeed.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
From the Ultimate Saab Day Forum (thread titled 'No Stig?'):

Dave Basely will be there on the day and I'm sure would be more than happy to take your car around the track to log some competative times.

Matt

----------------------------------------------

BTW Dave's recent Podium's include a 2nd in the Yokohama Mid-Engined Sports Car Championship at Donnington driving a Noble M400 Race Car and 3rd In the 750MC Hot Hatch Championship at Mallory driving a Race Prep'd Corsa A (167bhp from a 1400CC N/A!!).

Matt[/b]
As for publicity: Retro Cars Magazine are sending a staff writer and a photographer to cover the event. Don't know about TG, but the likes of Evo have been approached and AFAIK there's been no positive response so far. Matt would be the one to ask about this, though.

Eric

·
Registered
54 Posts
As Eric has mentioned Dave Basely will be available on the day to put a few laps in if required. This is obviously completely optional but for those who feel they aren't doing their cars justice or would like another option Dave's your man.

Retro cars are sending two writers and a photographer down for the day, PPC have expressed an interest and I am chasing them up at the moment. The SOC have been strangely quite despite a few e-mails going out to them. I think as this is the first event of its kind we're going to struggle to get a lot of media on board for it, next year should be a bit different

Regards
Matt

·
Registered
613 Posts
Originally posted by F900:
[qb]I think as this is the first event of its kind we're going to struggle to get a lot of media on board for it, next year should be a bit different    

Regards
Matt [/qb][/b]
What about MaxPower - or is that too vulgar a suggestion..?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by Stunut1:
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by F900:
[qb]I think as this is the first event of its kind we're going to struggle to get a lot of media on board for it, next year should be a bit different      

Regards
Matt [/qb][/b]
What about MaxPower - or is that too vulgar a suggestion..? [/qb][/b][/quote]Due to the lack of Neon's, 20" wheels, Huge Fibreglass Bodykits and massive stereo's I doubt Max Power would be too interested

·
Registered
963 Posts
My friend referred to Retro Cars as Max power for grandparents. I must admit I did chuckle Not true though, most months it has enough interesting stuff for me to get it. Saab engines at Abbott this month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts