Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered the full 3" system (down pipe, sport cat and back box)which I'm looking forward to fitting. But something at the back of my mind told me I've made a mistake would appreaciate anyones thoughts.

Car is 2.0LPT 9-5 with Speedparts stage 1, the exhuast I've ordered is that which is a component of stage 3, am I likley to see any problems? Was concerned that the stage 3 software was "tuned" to allow for and cope with the reduced back pressure and my current stg1 won't know what to do.

Am I just wasting my time worrying about it?

Rhod

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I ran my JT full system with Speedparts stage 1 for about 3 months.
The exhaust made a huge difference to the drivability of the car and felt like it added a good amount of power too. No problems at all.
Stage 1 and 3" will be fine - in fact very nice. Stage 3 just pushes it that bit further to make full use of the JT full system.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
oh - some people needed to adjust their base boost to compensate for the lower back pressure of the JT but this is not related to the ECU stage. Also - mine didnt need adjusting even with a de-cat.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am currently running stage 3+ hardware ie. full 3" system with race cat, should have been stage 4 with T28 turbo.....but thats another story. Software is stage 1 the d/pipe and race cat made a huge difference, power picks up 500 rpm lower down and about 2 seconds sooner than before A vast improvement in all gears.

Steve

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I've gone all excited now, I'll post some feed back when its all hooked up and I've adapted (any excuse for a
)

Hopefully it will cure the only gripe I have with the Saab .......the exhaust note, there's nothing wrong with the performance....quick enough for me (well with 205 65's on the front she would not take much more) it's just that it does not sound quick, and for me sound (not the horrible tinny bees nest type - or the kev drain pipe rumble) plays an important part in driving enjoyment

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the JT system is fitted and I am very happy, there is some low level noise intrusion into the cabin but it's offset by the nice rumble at tick over and the "sports" noise with WOT, sounds pretty good at high revs. The main improvement has been in response, the engine feels free and full of it - can hear the turbo spooling at much lower revs and top end oomph has improved no end. Feels as though there another 20 or so horses under the bonnet.

If you are thinking about upgrading go ahead, at £600 it's a bit of a steal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts