Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My back box needs replaced on the 9k Aero and I have a speedparts stage 1 already done. I can't afford to get the full JT system so I reckon it's sensible to get the cat back just now ...
Is there a decent 'real' performance improvement? The spec. quotes 5bhp, but is it more responsive too?
Any experience welcome!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh - having not looked at the connection, can I cut material from the front section instead of the new rear part?

thanks for all other comments - pretty much what I expected, but at least is does give a measurable increase ...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still keen to do the downpipe mod. but don't have enought cash for the £530 sport system. I do have enough for the £300 full non-cat system though.
My car is 1996 with the integrated downpipe/cat so I can't see a way of running without cat (track days..for example) unless I change the downpipe everytime which could be a pain. i.e. I can't use my existing cat without the downpipe as the two are integrated.

Has anyone else got round this or am I tied to the sport-cat downpipe route?
I had thoughts on liberating my cat and connecting it in a removable manner to the pre '94 system somehow?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks - that sounds like a great idea - I'll need to see how much an 2nd hand mid cats go for as that could almost negate my savings if they are too pricey.

I also noticed in previous discussions that there was a potential I could pass the MOT without a cat, but this may be down to pre-'92 cars being subject to a less stringent test than my '96.

In addition - I am assuming the performance of the JT3" without a cat (or even with a bypass silencer as opposed to straight pipe) will exceed than of the sport and racing JT cat systems??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts