Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jon,

Damage like this can be repaired. You just have to make sure the car is straight, otherwise the steering geometry will be out. If the car is straight, all it will take is money and time.

Neil

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
It would have to be really really cheap!

Looking at it as a base model (no Air con, turbo etc), and the level of damage, probably suberficial, but there could be windscreen pillar and or lower sill damage.

But, you can pick up a good (straight) CS model for little or no money anyway.

But you may like the fun of straightening it, buying and painting panels, finding inner wings and front cross members (not ordinary wilco fair) and having to rebild mounting points for radiators etc.

Last yaer at steam and spares, someone had an overpriced stolen recovered CSE2.3T (needed new steering loct etc) for £1800.

Nowadays, you can get CSE's for as liuttle as £1000 in Very good working order.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Well!!..

Only 9000CS23T reckons this could be repaired,I'm
,to say the least!.
But the guy said if he was to sell it complete he wants £450,and he said to me he would give ne the Saab+£500 for my car (Merc 230E 89').
I'm also going to see another 9000 t/morrow,so I'll see what happens.

Regards
Jon

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
What I should have said also,I asked him If he knew it was straight all he said "I'll gaurantee you that car is straight".
I my mind the only way he would know is through insurance is that right!,he also said someone hit a metal fence thats what did the damage.
3 other people who saw the photos said they thought it had either hit another car or something solid,and said I should ask to see the police report.
But like someone allready said,it seems to alot of trouble to go to,I mean I like a challenge but ny god just how much of a challenge would this be!

Regards
Jon

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I would guess that it's worth over £450 for the parts alone(a second hand engine alone has got to be worth that)- provided you've got storage space.

But if you're looking for a cheap car to run then I'd steer clear of it. it's a helluva big challenge and for not much more money you could get a runner.

·
Registered
187 Posts
id agree with gassy on this one,
as for it being straight i wouldnt be so sure looking at the n/s/f chassis leg and srut turret, would definatly put it on a jig to make sure.
is it worth the hassle of paying to get it repaired considering the cost you can pick up a roadworthy example for???

i also agree with neil though, it does look repairable.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I have thought about this one and I'm not going to bother with it,its looks to be just too much trouble.
And apart from that,the said he'd ordered a new from Saab and it didn't fit!!,now that kind of thing just doesn't happen unless the lock is broke.
But his story regarding that was "when the car was stolen the guy's threw the key away",you see he said he'd left thm in it because it was in a seemingly secure car park!!.
Now why would anyone in their right mind leave the key in any car let alone a J reg 9000CSE,unless they good reason to.I think he's up to no good,when I think about it,maybe not but theres to much that makes the mind boggle.

Regards
Jon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.