...another 9000
Green 9000s,90 MY',leather,sunroof,alloys
But its auto

The seller picked me up & took me to the car
standard lower door problems
Tax & M.O.T
Look's like he owned a dog
cost me £50.00
Now this is £40 more than i got my CDS for but gives me a chance to spruce it up (the CDS),and give my ears a rest from the other half who wants an auto anyway

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers chaps,
I've been smoking around in it for a bit now and the auto box seems to work ,it will also donate its door mirror to the CSE,but i wont tell the other half about that just yet
G

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hoe does it happen to you to be able to purchase such cars for such prices!? The most cheap car you'll ever find in Italy is for 250 euros, but you have to pay taxes on it and it's a Fiat Uno if you're lucky...
Here in Italy just the tax that you have to pay just to change the owner's name in the car's document is almost 600 euros! then registration taxes (250-400 euro/year, depending on power) and insurance...
And, for some ecologist reasons I don't share, it's illegal to buy totaled cars, and I think it's illegal to total a cars of yours and not to give it to an authorised junkyard. You can't keep you old car in your backyard.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to shatre it to someone, and I'm curious to know how things work out there.

Cheers.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stefano,
If getting a Fiat Uno is lucky,what do you get if you are unlucky .
We dont have to pay for a change of keeper,our road tax is about £170 for a year,petrol on avarage £0.81p ltr,£40. for a M.O.T test all plus insurance.
Depnding on damage to a car it can be repaired if it has been 'written off' there are 4 catagories tho',and if we want to scrap a car we should take it to a scrapyard,but most people just leave them by the roadside
Smaller cars seem to hold value a bit better tho',which give us 'larger car'owners a chance for good deals once in a while
Hope this give a small insight into british motoring,although we all seem to think we are getting ripped off at every corner & probably are!
G.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thanks Gilbert.
If you are not so lucky as to get a Uno, you could find yourself being the owner of a fantastic Fiat 126, a Citroen Visa, or a Renault 5. Probably even a Peugeot 205, which could be the less worse deal between these.
Actually, these are the only very cheap cars avaiable, it would be impossible to sell old big cars like mine, even if it would be in good condotions. It's not fair to pay 600euros for a change of keeper, and 50 for the car... insurance doesn't get lower as the car ages, so buying cars like mine is an economical suicide.

I'm afraid that we all motorised huimans are ripped off everyday by taxed, in the civilized world at least...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts