Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been out, during lunch break, in my 210k, K-reg, 900 2.0l LPT. I can no longer select 1st &2nd gear. 2nd went first, quickly followed by 1st. It kind of feels like 1st & 2nd were there then gradually moved further left ( as you look down at the gearstick) until they couldn't be selected any more. 3rd & 4th are now where 1st & 2nd used to be , in terms of gear lever movement. Can any one advise or shed light. I'm praying that this will be a lever or linkage fault rather than 'box itself, in which case the car may be dead. Ive a business trip to Sunderland planned for Thursday so help needed URGENTLY. I'll take a look under it this evening. ( After driving home and smoking the clutch, no doubt ) G'box is a second hand recon unit fitted at 150k.
Wulbert

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Motor mouth,
this sounds very likely to be the cause.I'll check out the rubber bush tonight . I did notice it today and wonder about it. I spent a fruitless 2 hrs last night , working in the dark, trying to adjust the linkage but could get either 1st,2nd,3rd, 4th OR 3rd 4th & reverse but not all six at once. I did think about dragging my wife away from the telly to work the gear lever while I looked at the selector rod in the engine bay but decided against it, more fool me.
Cheers,
Wul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.