Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a 1,000 mile trip to Germany via Belgium. I don't want to open the speed canofworms again (so please, if they offend you, ignore the following comments) but ...

Having had the suspension sorted the car felt rock-steady and reliable at 135mph.

I've still got the missfire when running on petrol (but not when on gas) but now it takes place more frequently and across a wider range of speeds (accelerating hard at virtually any speed between 60 - 90mpg). I had the D.I. cartridge relaced before I went, so at least now I've got a good spare. I'll be examining other options for cure later this week.

A tremendous difference in the driving styles in Germany and Holland. German drivers exhibit "proper" lane discipline, Staying in the neaside lane(s) unless overtaking, and not impeding the progress of faster cars. In Holland (higher traffic density?) cars were far less likely to give way. Belgium habits were somewhere in between the two.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Schoolboy error!

Middle paragraph of Gassy's should be on the 9000 board. Sorry Gassy!

So, if you want to reply to that bit (misfire) do it here, and the driving style on the Misc part.

I do like making work for myself! ;-)

Kevin Mc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts