Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 Saab 9000 cse in Taiwan.
,with automatic bearbox,
The milage is 176,000 km and my saab still runs well.

One thing bothers me is that everytime when I kickdown from 4th speed to 3rd speed an abnormal
shock from gearbox will happen.

1) But if I manually "shift" from 4th speed to
3rd speed,it won't shock and the power
connects much more smoothly.
2) The shock only happen when kickdown from 4 to 3
3) I had cleaned the valva unit in gearbox but
bot it does no good.
4) When it shift upward, it shift smoothly from
1 to 2 to 3 to 4 speed.
The power connection is very smooth, no sliding

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Saab.Taiwan

·
Registered
696 Posts
Mine does the same thing. But it also bumps/shocks when shifting from 3th to 4th.
There are a few springs in the autobox valve block that need to be replaced this seems to cure this. At least this is what I understand from my chef. When i have the time I am going to replace this springs myself. I wil let you know if this helps.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Kick on normal shift down is something I'd expect especailly from 4th to 3rd as you dis-engage the physical drive (used in 4th) to a hybrid physical/hydraulic link in 3rd.

Kickdown will make it more obvious because uusally when you kick down you are taking the revs up seriously and you are also kicking in the turbo (where as shiftdown due purely to a speed increase is just a moderate increase in engine revs). On more than one occasion on damp roads I've had the TCS kick in on kickdown.

Steve

·
Registered
696 Posts
One of our mechanics did the spring job on a customers CS automatic. Job war good to do but important is to keep everything as clean as possible.
After fitting the springs gear changes seem to be a lot smoother. No more bumps or shocks when shifting. As for the kick down he didn't try it. so will let you know on this problem when I do my own car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.