Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure which category to post this. The wiper blade on the drivers side only doesn't move when switched on. Big problem if it rains as I can't wipe my windscreen on the drivers side. The passenger blade works fine. Husband called a garage and was told it would be £100 ish to fix as its an electrical issue but a friend told me to get a new blade at Halfords, I've ordered a new blade but now I'm worried I don't need a new blade and it is in fact an electrical issue. Can anyone advise as I don't want to waste money! Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wasn't sure which category to post this. The wiper blade on the drivers side only doesn't move when switched on. Big problem if it rains as I can't wipe my windscreen on the drivers side. The passenger blade works fine. Husband called a garage and was told it would be £100 ish to fix as its an electrical issue but a friend told me to get a new blade at Halfords, I've ordered a new blade but now I'm worried I don't need a new blade and it is in fact an electrical issue. Can anyone advise as I don't want to waste money! Thanks
It's not electronic problem since one of the blade is moving its drive with 1 motor. Their is small metal pice that drive both blade. The metal pice pop out or broken its under the plastic I had the same problem when power washing my car

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is not always the windshield wiper, and it happens that the insurmountable external factors interfere with the proper cleaning of the glass. For example, in large cities, the windshield of cars is often covered with a layer of grease. If the vehicle has not been washed for a long time, wipers have to fight it during the first rain, and success is not guaranteed even when using the washer fluid from the washer tank. Wipers cannot remove water from the greasy glass but only smear it. The moisture "drags" behind the wipers, collects in stains, and limits the driver's visibility. Cararac.com can help you get your windshield wipers working again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts