Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a simple way to stop the Headlamp wipers working.

When transporting a dinghy on the roof of my '95 Aero, I tie a rope down to the towing eye - which means that the rope blocks the headlamp wiper half way across it's stroke.

Therefore, is there a simple way of disabling the headlamp wiper so that I can still use the windscreen wash/wipe.

I have tried removing the fuse in the glove box named "Headlamp wash/wipe" (which would seem obvious) but this just seems to disable the self park feature, and the headlamp wipers stop wherever they see fit.

I have thought about moving the rope, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else that is suitable to tie on to.

Chris

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok

I did have a look behind the headlamps, and couldn't make anything come apart very easily - hence was interested in pulling out a nice easy fuse or something.

Thanks - I shall persevere with the wiring connectors.

Chris

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Originally posted by Tricxy:
[qb]Ok

I did have a look behind the headlamps, and couldn't make anything come apart very easily - hence was interested in pulling out a nice easy fuse or something.

Thanks - I shall persevere with the wiring connectors.

Chris [/qb][/b]
Best way to do it is to get the connector apart. IIRC the fuse for the headlamp wipers also does the horn in MY94 on cars .

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Isnt this a post in the wrong section ?[/b]
Nope, '95 indicates MY95 in this case...

If you're finding it difficult to get to the connectors, it's probably easiest to take the headlamps out- to do this first remove the grille, then pop the indicators out to get at the two 10mm A/F bolts at the side of the headlamps as well as the T30 torx on top that you can see.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by SteveN:
[qb]IIRC the fuse for the headlamp wipers also does the horn in MY94 on cars[/qb][/b]
I thought it also drove the windscreen washers, but apparently not.
Try removing Fuse 7 (10 amp). According to the '95 handbook, that only drives the headlamp wipers.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by BillJ:
Try removing Fuse 7 (10 amp). According to the '95 handbook, that only drives the headlamp wipers.[/b]
The wiring diagrams I dug out last night were not much help either... on one sheet they showed than fuse #7 feeds the horn as well for that MY, but the sheet with the horn diagram showed the horn was fed from a different fuse

Still, it's easier to try pulling a fuse than connectors....

·
Registered
393 Posts
My experience with the fuse for the headlamp wipers is that it also takes out the elctric seats! Well, that's half true. When I had that fuse out the drivers electric seat still worked provided the drivers door was open, but when the door was closed (and ignition on) it wouldn't. The passenger seat was also dead. Headlamp wipers fuse back in - electric seats work. Well done Saab!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.