Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv'e just seen an ad for a J 9000CSE 2.3 turbo auto with 175k, excellent cond for £1500.
Not sure about mot ect wise yet but will find out, but it has all the bells/whistles whats the verdict?

Stu

PS......11 months mot, 6 months tax.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
We paid 2.2 for a K reg 2.3T auto with less than 100K on the clock last summer. It was full bells and whistles: electric drivers seat, full digital saab trip computer, 10 CD auto changer, full walnut trim, leather seats, FSH (original saab manuals with full set of service stamps), 5 spoke alloys etc.

The used saab market prices seem a bit odd.. people here saying dont pay more than £xxx but parkers guide and the ads in auto trader often are significantly higher... or the car is about 300 miles away!.

Steve

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guy's.....Yes it does have a FSH,well there a couple of years missing but he said he'd continued it when I got it.
Even at that I thought about a grand tops too,I'll see if he'll come down a bit (which I doubt, but you never know).
But really I said I wouldn't buy another auto,and this is. Iv'e had auto's in the past (not Saab though),so I'm kinda scared of high milege auto's. I'm not they are all bad cause I know there not, it's just me.

Stu

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'd offer a grand, tops. If the seller won't budge, look elsewhere. For comparison, I haggled 4 weeks' ago for a 2.3LPT manual, N-reg, FSH, 120K, leather. The seller wanted £2250 -we agreed on £1800.

BTW, the current price guides from e.g. Glasses and Parkers bear no reality to current market prices, for most marques. Real life prices are much cheaper (especially private), and in Saab's case are helped by a general antipathy by the public (mistaken in my view) to Saabs. So instead they go out buying Fords, Vauxhalls etc etc.

Case example: my wife bought a T-reg Renault Laguna 1.6 last November. It had done 144K, there was no oil on the dipstick, no recent servicing, interior not brilliant. She parted with £2,500. Mad or what? (but it had to be a Laguna...). Meanwhile, she thinks I've paid well over £3K for my Saab. Funny old world....

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep S/J your right!, a grand tops or walk!!,i really dont understand what the problem with the value of Saab is.
I mean BM's,Mercs ect most of which hold their value not to bad at all,but Saab, nope!.
Well not from Iv'e seen in Scotland anyway,it'd scare you if said what I technically paid for mine (k 9000 2.0 LPT,FSH minus 1 yr).
We also have a J mk3 Astra 1.4SI,and the build qulality just isn't there. Even on the Senator I had a couple of yrs ago,I thought It'd be a solid built car,nope!,still V/X at the end of the day.
Anyway I'll see what happens now,but I honestly don't think he's gonna drop £400ish,no way!

Stu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts