Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a spot of bother,
'97 9000 Aero Speedparts Stage 3 with an MBC,
car has always boosted to 1.4bar(20psi) with no problems in the last 15k miles. However, yesterday I started to get overboost? at 1.1bar(16.5psi).
But it's not like overboost I've known in the past prior to getting the stage 3 where its as if the brakes have been slammed on. Now its more like it just holds at say 80mph, the car stutters, boost drops at 1.1bar and there is no acceleration beyond 80mph. Car drives quite normally and still boosts into the red on the standard gauge, its when I want the extra
that I get problems.
I have done an adaptation run, which just highlighted the problem even more, checked the wastegate pin, all vac hose, plugs and all are fine.
So anyone know what could be wrong, is this overboost or something else at fault?
ECU problem or dodgy DI?
All help appreciated,
Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my fear!
A couple of days ago, just before all this started hapening actually, on start up it went BANG! Backfired
, its never done that before, is that a bad sign does that help the diagnosis?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
My Aero started shuddering/cutting back at high boost levels only. I could take it easy and not notice much (maybe a wee bit rougher). As soon as I tried to make full boost (1.08bar) the car would pretty harshly judder (similar to your description) and the boost never peaked.
New DI - all was well
What's the mileage on the car? 80-120k miles was the general failure range.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car has done 130,600 on this its only DI, guess its had a good innings then, looks like a trip to WMSS ( I ought to have shares! )is on the cards to try out a good un first to confirm this is the problem.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts