Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies & Germs:

I stopped at my usual carwash late today and the pimple faced attendent told me my roof was not closed. After closing it, I went thru the wash and had about 1/2 gal. of water drain in on me.

Needless to say, I asked questioned the attendent
why he told me it was closed, when it was not.

My questions: How can I tell when it is fully closed other than when I am traveling down the road at 65mph and can hear the wind noise.

I always seem to have it closed, when I think it is, as I have never taken a bath in a carwash before this.

Thanks in advance for your replies....does anyone have a dry towel?

wherewolfe

·
Registered
78 Posts
Your drains are probably plugged. I had a similar problem in my 9K aero right after buying it. 3 of the 4 drains were plugged so heavy rains led to drenched headliner, seats, floors and worst of all ME.

Just behind the rear tires (somewhere back there) is a tube on each side of the car with a rubber boot type thing on the end of it (too filter the water draining out of your sunroof? I don't know why) I pulled them off and tossed them away (no problems so far 1 year later)

The fronts are under the hood, beneath the cover at the rear of the engine bay, IIRC you can't see them as they are very close to the bottom corner of the windshield. So you have to feel in there to find what you're looking for. You can try pouring a a little water into each drain to find it for sure. Mine were very plugged but a small amount of water still drained through.

Wow, that was kinda long winded.

Hope it's as simple as that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.