Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, having changed my suspension ( MY02 9-5 2.0 ) to the MY03 Aero one recently, i am still disappointed at the lack of drop in height. Was thinking of purchasing a set or Eibach springs ( pro kit ) from the Eibach dealer near my place. Heard that the current springs on the Aero are actually Eibach made. Will it be a waste of time and money getting the Pro Kit from Eibach or should i spend that extra 200 quid getting the springs from Abbott?? Really appreciate some comments. Thx guys!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have the Pro-Kit on my 2000 9-3...and I love..

I dont belive it to be a waist of money at all!

I think the H&Rs are a little pricey but for $260 the Eibachs sounded reasonable...and droped the car a nice 1.2" so it sits just where it should!

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
I have the Eibach pro-kit springs and pro-dampers on my Saab 9-3. The transformation from Sport suspension has been phenomenal. The ride height drops by 30mm from standard and the car actually looks "right" now.

The ride is firmer than standard, of course, fantastic on motorways and country roads but a little harsh on poor urban roads - but to be fair the standard suspension was still bad on poor urban roads.

Having said that, suspension is subjective. I know a Lotus driver who praises my suspension (praise, indeed) but the ride might not suit all.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks John .. i supposed i will opt for the Eibachs then Might throw in the Powerflex bushings as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts