Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a '98 9.3 SE lp turbo 165k and need to replace both oil cooler hoses. I think it makes sense to replace the cooler too but was told it's not available in original replacement, OE or aftermarket even in the UK! I know it shouldn't be that much of a problem fitting another similar sized cooler but I'll need different hoses no doubt. Any ideas how best to deal with this, especially if you've attempted this yourself, other than to leave it alone if it's not leaking?
Has anyone fitted a generic cooler or one from a later model if so which is suitable?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently replaced my radiator and noticed the oil cooler just kinda crammed in between the ac rad and the coolant rad. I think the previous owner probably replaced it and the hoses(they are so long wtf...) at some point. If I did it myself, I would just get whatever size oil cooler, and long enough hoses so that I could mount it where the passenger fog lamp goes. In otherwords, its really on you to decide where you want it to go and what size it should be.

So your list will be:
Longer hoses than you need so you can cut to your desired length during installation. Make sure the hoses are suitable for the heat and oil.
An oil cooler with dimensions that will fit where you want it to go.

I believe my setup is basically just hoses attached to oil cooler fittings with hose clamps... and zip ties to hold it in place for now, but its kinda sandwiched in there, its not moving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts