Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Mark

Doesnt the registration document tell you what model the car is ?

Or failing that your insurance company should tell you what it is from the registration number

From reading some of your other posts it does seem odd that your car doesnt have an APC valve or a manual boost controller though.......

Sounds very odd to me

Andy

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi andy
the car does have an apc but i will be fitting the mbc that i got from forge, by the way spoke to giles at abbot and he is going to send me a fitting instruction sheet for the mbc
cheers
mark

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi c
tried bill j's vin decoder
it came up
year 1989
model turbo
style 5 door combi - coupe
engine turbo, b202 with intercooler (2.0l turbo)
built line a
would this tell you its a carlsson or not
thanks
mark

·
Registered
187 Posts
i had a similar query when i got my first carly and the vin decoder does not specify, this does not mean it isnt a carly.as previously mentioned it should say on the log book failing that try ringing the dvla they will deffinately know

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi Mark Yes I put my vin through the decoder and it came up with the same as yours.

One way of possibly checking is by using one of the Online insurance brokers for a quote. If you put the registration number in it will return the correct model/spec. I think this is pretty accurate ??

C

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hi Mark,

OK, good to hear it does have the APC, Im sure you have a got a Carlsson, but, even if its not the genuine article as long as you are happy with what you have got, thats the main thing, bearing in mind the bargain price you got it for !

Just hurry up and get your MBC fitted and then you can take me for a spin in it !

Andy

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did that with elephant and on the sale part of autotrader and they both specified carlsson but elephant only listed a 2.3 does this mean that my carlsson is not a cs
also did all carlssons have the wood dash
thanks
mark

·
Registered
181 Posts
hi Mark
I have a 1990 "G" plate black 2.0l Carlsson
No Wooden Dash
leather seats with Suede inserts
Body kit
Carlsson Steering wheel smaller with Red stripe and small badge
16" Alloys

I think these are the most obvious Carlsson attributes ??

C

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi c
about the same
1898 "g" reg ( aug 31st reg)
bodykit
carlsson steering wheel
black dash
16" super aero's
tailgate spoiler
but no coloured infill on the tailgate ( don't know what its called, goes between rear lights )
thanks
mark

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi mark

but no coloured infill on the tailgate ( don't know what its called, goes between rear lights  [/b]
Decor Panel ?? I think

My car does have that but it looks suspiciously new
I've seen some very faded on newer cars, I think it might have been replaced at some point.

Cheers C

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi c
decor panel - thats the one .
mine hasn't got one but it looks ok without it the other suspicious bits are
a 16v badge on the tailgate by the number plate
and electric cloth seats
thanks
mark
p.s when you don't want leather interior there are loads on ebay when you want one there are none

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi Mark

Ive just done some research onthis forum and discovered that the rear seats will not fit Cd/sallon rears are different from CS/hatch rear seats
However the fronts will fit

You could always take the leather off the Rear seat frames, i could do that for you its not too difficult.

Cheers Ken

1 - 20 of 21 Posts