Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions wanted folks.

Have got the chance of buying a relatively low mileage (40k) 9000 anniversary- albeit an eco 2.3, and i would trade in my 2.3FPT 9000 with 108000 on the clock.

I know that there are some big bills coming in the next year, which is what is prompting me to upgrade.( h/gasket and possibly auto box)

Would you drop a level in performance for the chance of a car with low mileage and low service costs over the next few years? I may well decide to chip the car to FPT levels as well.

I still want a 9000 as i need the practicality of the hatchback.

Also does anyone have a definitive spec for the Anniversary models (r Reg) ? I want cruise control this time as my current 9000 lacks it.

TIA

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Personally speaking, I would go for the newer Anniversary model. Being one of the last 9000's it's likely to be well kitted out with extras. As you've said, you can always chip the LPT to give more power.

There can't be that many 9000's out there with so low a mileage - I'd definatley give it a look.

Has it a FSSH? Is it Auto or manual?

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well went for a test drive- drives superbly, no scratches on it at all, interior is very clean. Has Aero spoilers and have done a deal for Aero 16" alloys as well. So it will be mine in a few days:eek:)
Will leave it as a lpt for a month or so and then start deciding on Elparts or Abbott Ecu

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take delivery next week of my new 2.3eco Auto. Went for another test drive and I cannot believe how much quieter this engine is compared to mine. FSSH from Reading Saab as well.

Have got some digicam pics but nowhere to upload them to at the mo. Aero wheels are now on the car and it looks great. Many years of happy Saabing to come

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.