Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Why can't I edit my posts ????

Anyway... sorry, bum info...You don't have the MOST fibre optic problem in your car do you ? I'm sure you can find a similar bit of kit for your system though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I phoned around for an ipod kit like the dennison for my MY09 car I was told it was not possible to control an Ipod with my car without replacing the head unit!!

If anyone has any info to the contary I would love to know I would really like to take full control of the I pod, rather than just using it through the Aux socket.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yes thats correct, except volume you can use that on the stering wheel controls. the auto cut out for the phone works as well if you have bluetooth.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks about right, I would just have a think about where you are going to fit your I Pod before buying a cable, are you going to get a holder, or just leave it in one of the cubby holes. Its just if you get a cable that is way longer than you need it is a bit of a pain flapping all over the place, best to have a think how long you want it first.

I am on the look out for a very short cable now as I am going to fit mine between the stereo and the steering wheel, so don't want miles of cable.

Think I might have to get one made up.

I was considering mounting mine to one of these

http://www.brodit.com/montering.jsp?anr=653901

Seems handy just have to buy a cradle then

1 - 8 of 8 Posts