Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I have managed to fit a Connects2 system! I purchased the kit and adaptors (£40) from a great company called Dynamic Sounds who were really friendly and helpful.

Some slight issues around which wire to splice in to. Luckily a good tip was to buy an ISO adaptor (£4 on ebay) and splice in to that rather than start messing about with the original wiring. All reversible too.

What I did was:
1. Splice the red 12v wire from the Connects 2 box in to the yellow cable on the ISO adaptor using a scotchlock. (or solder if you have the skills) Due to the red wire being quite thin I doubled it over to get a better connection. The position on the original diagram is the +15. Thats the ignition live cable so will only work with the key in the lock and it wont drain the battery. In standard ISO set ups its the red wire (+30 position) but it seems Saab swapped them, round)
7247883394_afab9bb6e0_z.jpg
2. Take it all to the car and its then a simple matter of plugging in the aerial leads and then the iso adaptor in between the stereo and the original wiring loom.
3. I dropped the ipod cable down to poke out by the passenger footwell. Not the tidiest but will do for now.
4. Find the clearest frequency from the three options and then tune the stereo in to that.

Away you go! :thumbsup:

Sounds is pretty good but something like the saabaux may be better. However sound is good enough for me and my iphone is charged at the same time. All for roughly £45.

Ive never touched wiring in a car and managed to do it so not that hard! Hope this helps anyone else thinking about doing it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi. I will be fitting a wired fm modulator to my 2001 93 TID with original cd radio. I was wondering if the the aerial has a standard plug or do I need to get an adaptor. Many thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know this is an OLD issue, but I had tried doing this mod and it worked nicely. I had a bad implementation, a bit ugly so I returned it to stock for a while until I got the itch to have an aux jack again. Then in my second attempt I must have touched the wrong contact since the CD play stoped working (wouldn't spin CDs). Getting a new radio is tough, because finding a properly divorced one and getting it married is tough. I ended up getting the kit from SAABAUX. It was a bit expensive, but I think it was worth it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi, yesterday I made aux in in my radio, but there's one problem.
I have a cassette player but when I plug the jack into the socket the seek buttons on the radio stop working. Those on the steering wheel work well.
I need to unplug connectors at the back of the radio, and plug them again. They start functioning normally and they will until I plug the jack again.
any clue?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts