Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wearing my other hat now....

Somehow I volunteered to organise this years National Rally for The Rover P5 Club, of which I have been a member for some 15 years. I would like to extend this invitation to all you out there in Saabsceneland.

This is a two day event - on Saturday I have booked an additional carriage for an evening meal (please see below) and Sunday is the rally day.

The only stipulation for SUNDAY is that your car must be over 15 years old to enter the rally area, though 'newer' cars can park in the main car park and join us on the day.

The Rover P5 Club 'Picnic & Steam' National Rally
Date: Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd August 2004.

This National Rally will be a very relaxed ocassion that in some small way captures those days long gone, of picnics and steam trains. For those of you who really want to get in the mood there will a prize for the best period (1950's-1980's) dressed car and occupants - though this is totally optional!

Itinerary: Saturday.
Evening meal at 8pm served on the Dining Carriages of the train which will then take the diners up and down the 2.5 mile track throughout the evening. Only 50 seats left so book early to avoid disappointment. Price includes one bottle of wine per two adults. Licenced bar will be available on board. Cost £18 per head, £9 per head for children.
As we have limited numbers , please PM me to confirm seats are available.

Itinerary: Sunday.
Site opens from 9am. £5 per CAR. You will then receive a discount ticket to Cranmore Station (normal price £6 per adult, you pay £3 per adult).
The cafe/restaurant will be open to offer breakfast/drinks/ meals throughout the day Toilet facilities available inc. disabled.

Attractions:
• Other than the usual trains, sheds, carriages etc., you will be able to travel on the trains throughout the day for an all inclusive price of £3 per person (normally £6 per person)

• Driver for a Fiver
Pay £5 and you can drive the train along the track. You will also receive a certificate.

• Best period dressed car and occupants.

• Raffle and awards

Booking form can be found on-line at http://www.hawkshead.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/flyer.pdf

It would be good to see some Saabs there along with my 99T

PM me if you require any further information and thanks for reading this!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.