Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure a lot of you have the same problem, when i press the door mounted boot release i can hear the electric part of it working the mechanism, but as soon as i let go of the button i can hear it slot back into place.

I can use the button on the alarm keyring, which incidently, activates the mechanism then holds it for a couple of seconds before release. But i'd like to be able to use the internal button as well.

Any ideas?

Skiddins

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I've never looked into exactly how they work, but I presume it should kick the boot up a fraction so that it doesn't lock back down. When I operate mine you can hear the motor wind back but it never locks the boot again unless you close it yourself.

HTH

Neil

·
Registered
155 Posts
is yours a hatch, or a cd. i have a 1990 cds, in which the boot release stopped working, i eventually traced it down to a break in a couple of wires in the rear loom that controls this function, and whilst i were repairing it, the same thing happened that youre describing. also are your pnuematic struts ok. hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.