Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my wife complained that the car had repeatedly stalled at junctions and refused to drive it again. I could not repeat the fault no matter how I tried, yet the next time she drove it, it happened again!. But on Friday I noticed some misfiring while driving at 30-40mph. Since then it's done it quite a lot, but there's no pattern, hot/cold, sometimes up to 50mph, sometimes there's no oomph
away from standing. The only common theme to this is that it's only when the tacho is in the green "economy" area; foot down hard it's fine, and no problems at motorway speeds. I did 350 motorway miles in it this weekend so it can't be too bad. I suspect a fuel-related problem.
What should I be looking for?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, a couple of them may be useful.

Stalling isn't really the problem; it's never stalled on me, but the misfire could be down to the same symptoms I suppose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well no conclusive proof so far, but I followed the procedure for cleaning the DI unit (which was replaced 40k ago, this car has FSH), and have had no problems since. Interesting...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.