Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my 87 9KT needs the headliner re-done, as well as the sunroof (sheild) pull cover thing, My first question is:
1. How do i remove the Sun Roof Cover to re-cover, and then re-install?
2. How do i remove and re-install the headliner?
3. Interior lights:
A. Back seat, side lights on wall mount, will not turn on with rest of interior lights, nor with switches on them, fuses are good...what is my gremlin?

B. The pins on the doors that control the interior lights, my drivers door is missing the pin, how do i remove one from a junked 9K and re-install?
4. Doors:
A. My power locks only work on, the Drivers Door, the passenger Rear Right, and the trunk. How do i go about fixing the passenger front, and the passenger left rear? Suggest i remove the pannels first i suppose to see the problems...are there any "common" problems here to be awear of?

*I HAVE A HYNES SERVICE MANUAL...please let me know if some of my questions are in that book in detail...i have issues locating what i need sometimes

THANKS!
~BS42~

·
Registered
623 Posts
2) Remove the dome light and the little console behind the internal rear view mirror. Remove the anti-sun shiels in front of the driver and the passenger (I don't recall their names, sorry)Remove the handles that are over the windows on each seat in the car (four): remove the plugs that hide the holes to mount one in the driver's seat, if present. Then remove the door seals on all doors in the higher part. There should be a litthe pin in the rear in the middle, next to the hatch: remove it too.
At this point, the headliner shoud be held just by the two B pillar covers. It's a bit tricky, but it's possible to remove it without removing the coveers, they are hard to get out because you have to remove the seat belt (I didn't ha the proper socket).
When removed, the headliner comes out of the hatch.

Tip: fold down rear seats and remove the hatch shelf, then work laying on the seats: it's much easier to extrat the headliner, it's very thin and you don't want to crack it, right?
I did it in less than one hour.

3A)did you turned the key on? it has to be on to turn them on.

3B)Look close: there's a little torx screw, just unscrew it and remove the two wires. When reinstalling, it's important to assure contact between the switch body and the car's frame. It's possible to have the insulation rubber between them, just be sure it's not there.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions just aks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by chucktv:
[qb]It's been a while but if I remember correctly you have to remove the moon roof glass to get the slide panel out. It's a little tricky you just need to be careful. [/qb][/b]
so should the glass be all the way shut to remove, or up at the vent angle? And the screws are on the sides from the inside?

·
Registered
243 Posts
The glass needs to be at least halfway back. Then you have to remove a couple of screws on either side. They hold the ... something. Well it's been a while ago. I'll have a look at mine tomorrow and see if that jars my memory. Maybe then I can be of more help.
Sorry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts