Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
That is the same viggen as the one on Maptuns homepage. Owner Glen.
Those cars on that page where the ones that took part on Bilsport magazine's "tuning test" this summer. I should have the article, if enybody is interested. Laguage is swedish, but figures should be readable for you all...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure I am interested. Obviously another advantage of owning a Saab is starting Swedish101

Please just make a short comment of the article of what you think is the summary of all.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Originally posted by TurkishAerolines:
[qb]Sure I am interested. Obviously another advantage of owning a Saab is starting Swedish101      

Please just make a short comment of the article of what you think is the summary of all. [/qb][/b]
The "tuning test" is an annual happening for Bilsport magazine. They gather about 15-20 tuned cars from various tuners and test them for 1/4mille, special test track and various acceleration intervals, like 100-150. 0-100 aso.

I could not find the aticle just now, but I'am sure I can dig it up.

For that viggen, everything did not go so well. On the first day IC hose came undone and after that there was too much boost resulting in piston failure. Mr. test driver noted the boost ++2bar, but kept on going.

Here are soem results for this viggen, note that is was not OK! Also note that Maptun has not worked on the chassis at all. Previous spring and damper install is all that is done to it. No LSD, VRK nor pushing!
0-100 6.9s
100-150 4.02s
1/4mile trap speed 187km/h

1 - 4 of 4 Posts