Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, just been looking on ebay for a wood dash for my car and stumbled across this ad.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...bayphotohosting

(sorry about the long link)

But this car has some intersting looking seats in it. Are these 'contour' seats that I have heard mentioned before? Also, I noticed a 'Viking' emblem on the drivers floor mat. What it Viking? I've also seen similar badges for sale. Was Viking a trim level or something?

Billy.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The seats look quite fresh to my eyes, whereas the rest of the interior looks quite rough. Perhaps someone has had the interior recovered in new leather, even from an original cloth model?
Nick.

PS. Looks as though the steering wheel is plastic, raising my suspiscion further.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Purely as a matter of interest, is it the case that a 9K with original factory fitted leather seats would always have had a leather covered steering wheel as well?

The wheel in this car looks something like mine (minus the airbag), but there is definitely stitching visible on mine, whereas this one does look plastic to me.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I know it's not on ebay (well I dont think) but Zaphod's car's a nice one. Just a petty he's way down in Bristol.

I watched his home vid earlier, very well done Zaphod if you read this

I couldn't see the TCS light on, but I guess it must be!

·
Registered
295 Posts
To get back to the topic, those seats looks like the cloth seats I have seen in a MY 93 9000!

I have seen the same leather seats in MY 89 900 S16! So I belive they could be original!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.