Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a look through the archive and dont see much sign of life on the intercooler spray front (not water injection).

Given the warm weather, has anyone fitted a pre-made or custom item to their Saab? I reckon that mid-summer they would be a great benefit especially if you have been in slow traffic for a bit.

There are few over priced products on the market but some seem OK and tbh some garden spray kits and an adapted car windscreen washer would do the same job for not much ££

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
There might be some benefit, but you would need to make sure you run distilled/softened water in the system to avoid scale build up if you're in a hard water area.

TBH I found just simply going to an uprated IC gave me vastly improved performance in the summer with far less to go wrong/maintain

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually have an 50mm uprated I/C at the moment but running standard boost and expected that when I move to Stage4 boost I might still get a bit of heat soak.
If the uprated I/C is as good as you suggest then I might just leave it just now as it's a bit of a fiddle to run and maintain the intercooler spray. Good fun putting it in though.
I did remove the horn as it must take about 5-10% of the I/C area although I must put it back on somewhere else

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.