Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone setup to take intake temp measurement on the their 9k? (or other)

The reason I ask is that I'm going to have a play with an I/C spray and want it to kick in above a certain temp (or if it rises at a certain rate if I can get my head around that)

Anyway - Is there a known good / easy spot to put a thermometer and if so, where is it?

Also - what would you define as a 'high' vs 'low' intake temp? - just to give me a starter for 10 on the temp settings.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok - thanks. I had a quick look and a lot of them seem to also use boost level as a trigger for the spray also.

I guess this would work:

If the intake temp goes above temp X OR the boost goes above say 1.1bar THEN switch on the spray for 30secs or so.

That means that the spray will work if it's a hot day and you are in traffic and need a cool - but it will also kick in when you run some high boost (even at lower temps) and hopefully will give you some cooling BEFORE things get too hot.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
It soudns a little similar to what I'm intending to do with an IC fan my C900 T16S.

It will be triggered to run if either a set intake pressure or temp is reached, and run on for a further 30 sec. I'll probably use an Aquamist pressure switch unless I can find anything cheaper.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/sl/plist/frm-4.html

Temp wise, not sure yet; I want something with lowish thermal inertia that will operate at circa 35-40 dgerees C. I might have to use a thermocouple and a transistor on a bit of circuit board...

For inital measuring purposes on the 9k, you can use Tech 2 to look at intake temps.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RS have one for about £14.

I can't paste the link but you can search for this:
G 1/4 Type 0166 Pressure Switch

Technical specification
type Pressure Switches
brand Suco
Manufacturer's part number 0166407031027
Port Connections G 1/4
Switch Contact Rating 100 VA
Setting Pressure Range 1 to 10bar
Maximum Proof Pressure 300bar
Operating Temperature Range -30 to +100°C
IP Rating IP65
Manufacturer Part No. 0166407031027

·
Registered
762 Posts
my intercooler misting kit is now finished, full details are above on my Saab Central link

Paul

·
Registered
548 Posts
Aerohead: Is that switch adjustable for what pressure switches it or is it one level?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faero: Setting Pressure Range 1 to 10bar

Doh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts