Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody give me some insurance companies to try - I'm using Direct Line at the moment and it's costing £470 for the year! I can't believe at 32 years old I warrant that on a car worth £3500 especialy since my mate has just bought some Honda CRV thing and pays £200 for a brand new car. I have tried a number of insurance companies but none are cheaper than Direct Line.

OK I admit I did flatten a 100 year old tree with my old 9000cse two years ago but surely I can't still be paying for that!

Cheers

·
Registered
353 Posts
Your premium dosen't seem to bad to me. I pay £460
a year to direct line ( 38 yrs old with a full no-claims etc and do 25000m/year) for a 9000 cse ltp.

You could always try the company the SAAB owners club recommends ( Christoper Knott ? ).

·
Registered
600 Posts
I've got my AERO insured with Bell direct tel 0800 140 180 as they were quite a lot cheaper than Direct line etc.

If you want to do yourself some online quotes try elephant.co.uk, or Bell direct may well have a site.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Try axamotors.com as mine is now £300 fully comp compared to the £430 I was quoted on renewal by my last insurers (Axa motors, but not their internet side), and it was loaded by £70 to cover my TP10 endorsement

Give them a try-it is fast, as they link direct to DVLA and have all details of your car when you enter the registration number.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Most significant factor besides your no claims history, accident record and age is where you live and how you keep your car overnight.

I'm quite a bit older than you but once binned a brand new porsche which blotted my copybook with the insurers for the last five years. Over that period the most competitive sources of insurance were my local broker called A Plan who have branches all over the SE and Norwich Union Direct who are my current insurer. NU were £100 cheaper than my broker A Plan who I had not managed to beat until this year.

I've referred loads of others to NU Direct and I've not known them to be beaten yet. That may be due to the fact that they are targetting my age/social group.

Good luck.

Ian

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the new info - have already tried A Plan (was with them when I used to have an MR2) too expensive, tried Norwich Union - £690 - will look further - quite like the sound of AXA Motors.

Will keep you posted

cheers all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts