Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am with Adrian Flux at present, having called loads of companies at the time. Premium, with all declared mods - £814. That's for 283BHP, suspension mods & different wheels. Fairly good for high risk area, on street parking, a point or two and sub old git age.

Just phoned Frizzell's for my Elise insurance. They could not get down to the classic style cover I have for it at present.

HOWEVER, I also checked for a Saab premium. The result - £532 and they don't care about mods, so long as you have not changed the engine (ie. 8 litre V8 in a classic 900!)!!!!

So, get your quotes in now - I'm cancelling with Adrian Flux.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Most iteresting. I'll be going with Norton Heritage to start with with my 99, but as time and mods go on, I'm sure there'll come a point when they refuse to cover me. They are ok with lowering and exhaust etc.

I did try Adrian Flux with it as is, and they came in at over £400. Norton Heritage are £152.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Strange. I am with Frizzell and they wanted to know what the mods were in very high-level terms. i.e. "Engine", "Suspension", "Body". So exactly what the mods were didn't matter, but an Engine mod would increase the premium. (Engine and suspension put my premium up by 10%).

Bob.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob - perhaps they have just altered the way that they assess insurance risk? I was told that power and mods did not matter. Strange, but apparently true!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts