Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My first time on this board. Discovered it whilst surfing for user-reviews on Hirsch upgrades. Some extremely useful personal accounts here.

Will be very interested to see the final verdict from Mark A's series of surveys on Abbot, Hirsch, Elkparts etc. Excellent idea.

I have 9-5 SE 2.3 LPT, which as many of you who bought one would I hope agree is a great car, just a little soggy on the handling. That said, I think the ride quality is excellent.

Does anyone have a view as to whom offers / what is the optimum suspension tuning / upgrade wheel size, to curb the body roll, improve the crispness of steering and handling, without destroying the standard cars ability to soak up bumps?

Since a great many of the regular members here appear to have tuned suspension, exhausts, ECU's and turbo's, I'd really appreciate some feedback on how this affected your car insurance, both in terms of your current or prospective insurers attitudes to the mods at the time, and in percentage terms any increase to premiums (esp anyone living in the South-East).

Thanks in advance.

Sven-T

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Welcome to the board Sven T

In my opinion the Eibach setup is the best overall on the 9-5, had the full pro kit on mine for a year now, have no regrets about it

Abbott's setup maybe worth trying, I tested the project 9-5, but still found it was a little soggy... with a little to much roll for my tastes!

Theres a few of us around now with Eibachs.. I'll gladlly let you try mine to see what you think!
Whereabouts are oyu?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts