Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a very interesting conversation with my Insurance broker today. We all know that mods to cas up insurance prices in most cases (engine mods especially) and my insurance company are the same. But in the case of a mod such as a Trionic Power Upgrade (by Abbot for example) is there any signs of this upgrade apart from the power increase (without examining the tronic module)?

I know no-one ( esp those associated with SaabScene) would ever recommend lying to ur insurance company (and dont worry I am not going to) but how on earth could they tell in an inspection that a car has had a tronic modification?

I would like to hear from anyone who is either involved int he insurance business or has had experience in this area with dealing with insurance companies.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hi Dave,

The short answer to yor question is that no, without examining/interrogating the Trionic module, you can't tell that you've had an upgrade.

As for how many companies would bother to do this, I don't know but as an example, when I crunched my last car, which was declared modified, the insurers didn't bother to check the mods...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts